VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
DIY wilderness first aid refresher course · Monday, March 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Mar. 25th, 6:30 pm
I'm organizing a self-taught wilderness first aid refresher course, mainly for people who already took some sort of first aid course before, but it is open for everyone. I plan to meet biweekly until we got the most important /most useful/most fun topics covered. This will be the first session.
Note that this is not at all a professional course.
More details can be found in the message board: http://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?3,93674 But I'll also add more details here soon.
Location: Buchanan building, BUCH B210
Starting time: 6:30pm but let me know if 7pm works better
Topic of this session: Trauma, first and secondary survey
What to bring: first aid equipment or gear that can be used for improvising, related books, laptops, notes from courses etc., maybe a sleeping mat/towel to have it more comfortable on the floor