VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly Phelix trip · Sat. Apr. 13th - Sun. Apr. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 13th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Apr. 14th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 10th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
It's time for a beginner friendly Brian Waddington (Phelix) hut trip!
Come and join a trip to our biggest and most beautiful hut.
This is open for skiers and snowshoers and it is beginner friendly which means that we wait for everyone. However, this trip is not necessarily easy for everyone since we have an elevation gain of about 1000m on Saturday and we have to ski/snowshoe down through a pretty steep forest on Sunday.
Things you need: http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Gear_lists#ski_hut_trip
Not sure if there would be time for skiing near the hut on Saturday but we should be able to get some skiing in on Sunday before lunch time. Snowshoers could explore the area near the upper lake.
We might have a desert potluck on Saturday evening. Extra points if you can play the guitar, since there is one at the hut.
If you have any questions, please post them in the message board.