VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rainbow and Puma · Sat. Apr. 13th - Sun. Apr. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 13th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Apr. 14th
Pre-trip meeting location: Hopefully just email faff
I've been wanting to go up to Rainbow Mtn (west of Whistler) for some time now, and, once there, it seems like a good idea to try for Puma as well (next peak west from Rainbow).
It's a nice area, especially if the weather opens up a little, so come and burn off all your exam stress/end of term project worries/general existentialist confusion.
More info about Rainbow can be found at:
The plan is to do it in two days, which should make it a reasonably not super strenuous trip.I'm hoping the organization can all be done by email, so it would be better if you've already been on a couple of trips and roughly know the drill.
P.S. Since there is some steep terrain involved, we may have to adjust plans If avalanche conditions do not cooperate. But that's just part of life.