VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to rock climbing · Saturday, April 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 20th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Apr. 16th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: new club room
In Intro to Rock Climbing, participants will learn how to put on a climbing harness, how to belay and tie in, how to communicate with a partner while climbing and how to check your partner's harness and tie in point. All of this usually takes less then an hour or two and the rest of the day is spent rock climbing outdoors in Squamish.
I hope the weather is good for us but if it looks like it's going to be terrible, we may go to the Norm climbing wall on campus instead.
At the pre-trip meeting we'll answer any questions, figure out rides, and make sure everyone can get a harness, helmet and belay device from the club.
I'm stoked = D Are you stoked? I hope you're stoked too and will sign up so I can show some people how fun rock climbing is.