VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Coliseum Day Hike · Sunday, May 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, May. 19th
A day hike to Coliseum Mountain from the Seymour Valley.
The plan is to bus/bike/drive to Lower Seymour, then bike up the Seymour Valley Trailway. It is a 10km bike paved route that runs from the Rice Lake Gate up the Seymour Valley - should be really nice. The trailhead is located at about the 9.2 km mark. The trail to Coliseum is 5 km (one way) and gain 1240m of elevation (top of Coliseum is 1480). I might not make it all the way to Coliseum, but I should definitely make it to Paton's lookout at 1020m elevation. There is probably still a lot of snow above the lookout, so I suggest carrying an iceaxe and wearing stiff boots.
More info on the trail here: