VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Pick a Climb Pick a Fruit - Skaha Rock Climbing and Fruit Picking Trip · Fri. Jul. 29th - Mon. Aug. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 29th, 6:00 pm
End: Monday, Aug. 1st, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 27th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room 6pm
We'll be leaving either Friday evening or Saturday morning for Shaka (I prefer Friday evening!). Camp at the Lost Moose or Okanagen Falls Campground. Enjoy a couple of days rock climbing, swimming, BBQ,... and go for fruit picking on Monday on our way back to Vancouver.
This is not an instructional trip. Which means you need to know how to belay (or find someone who is willing to teach you) and be able to climb at least 5.8. Most routes in Skaha are 5.8 up and lots of lead climbing. So we need to make sure we have a few people who can lead climb.
I'll try to make a reservation for a campground as it is going to be busy and with the amount of people we are ninja camping might not be the best idea.