VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Hike and Scramble Cypress Peak · Saturday, July 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 20th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 18th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom (if necesseey) otherwise email faff
Cypress peak (not associated with Cypress Bowl ski resort) is a great day trip from Vancouver. Only few minutes of the trip are spent in the trees. The craggy peaks and glaciers that surronded the Squamish River Valley provide an excellent scenery.
This will be an easy, beginner friendly daytrip hike which is accessible by 2WD cars.
Elevation gain: 1415 m (if you have 2WD), 1200 m (if you have 4WD)
Ascent time: abt. 4 hr
Total time: abt. 7 hr
More info here.
View from the Cypress Peak
To reach to the peak, there is a ridge with easy to moderate scrambling (see below) with little exposure. That section is very enjoyable.
Scrambling the ridge to the peak (only 30 min of the hike is scrambling on the ridge)