VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Phelix Scrambles · Sat. Jul. 13th - Sun. Jul. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 13th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 14th, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 10th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: In or around the club room
Ok, after more than 30 trips its finally time for me to organise one myself. Phelix was gorgous in the winter and now I want to see what it has to offer through the summer.
On saturday we can head up to the hut and, depending on time, our motivation and energy levels, we can climb Shadowfax, Cabin hill, or simply enjoy the hut and the glorious sunshine.
The hut its self is very nice and pretty big. It also has a guitar if anyone is more musically gifted than I? In any case I'm sure we can have a good night; sensible quantities of whisky are always a bonus!
On Sunday we can head for the top of Gandalf. We can then decide whether we want to return to Vancouver at a sensible hour or if we want to extend our hike to sumit Arragorn before heading back to the cars.
You do not need to be especially technically gifted to join this trip (I'm certainly not) but it could turn into a couple of long days. But long glorious days with no tent to carry, amazing sunshine and even better company!
(Trip moved so as not to clash with Dani's cool sounding trip!)