VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Lost Valley Loop- Duffey- Long weekend trip (28th-1st) · Fri. Jun. 28th - Mon. Jul. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jun. 28th
End: Monday, Jul. 1st
It's been too long since I've lead a trip so I figured it was about time.
This trip is Moderate friendly or for the enthusiastic and capable beginner.
[u]What is this trip?[/u]
It's a 4 day hike along the east end of the Duffey Lake Road within the Cayoosh Range. The hike starts up Hurley Silver Mine road and bridges across the Barkley Valley, Lost Valley and Melvin Valley. This should be a spectacular loop with gorgeous scenery, wild and rarely visited areas and lot's of potential for a fun time. Although this trip is a "hike", an iceaxe is required for glissading down snow lopes and scrambling ability up to 3rd class is preferable. There will be peak bagging opportunities as well for the keen.
No glacier travel is involved
[u]When is this trip?[/u]
Friday to Monday from the 28th till the 1st of July during the Canada Long Weekend. The meeting location would be the Mt Currie Coffee Co. in Pemberton at 8am.
On the Duffey, north of Pemberton
Nope. I'll organize e-mail faff.
Regular hiking and camping gear with the addition of an iceaxe. Skis are optional for the fit and keen. You could possibly get some June turns.
This time of year, There is likely to be snow in high and shady places but it is the dry side of the range. The snow should be beneficial as many of our descents are north facing and glissading or boot skiing will make quick work of knee knackering descents.
E-mail me or post in this thread if you'd like more info or discuss things.
I look forward to this hike and I hope some of you cool VOC'ers are interested.
Sign up Here