VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Helm to Rubble Creek traverse · Sat. Jun. 29th - Sun. Jun. 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 29th
End: Sunday, Jun. 30th
A friend of mine is visiting from California and I want to show him what the west coast is really all about. Therefor I am planning a trip to Garibaldi Park this weekend. The plan
is to hike from Cheakamus lake to Rubble Creek, staying at the Helm Creek campsite. It will be pretty mellow for me, but you can ramp it up to any level of hardcore by climbing peaks in the area. Christian is planning on taking my friend up Helm peak. Other options could be anything from Castle Towers to Panorama Ridge. The trip itself is pretty beginner friendly, but we expect that you can basically take care of yourself.
It would be great to have an extra car for the car shuttle, and some awesome people for company. Email me if you are interested.