VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
The North Shore Needles · Sunday, May 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, May. 1st, 6:00 am
SORRY EVERYONE. DUE TO THE LACK OF INTEREST I'M CANCELING THE TRIP.
No pre-trip, organization using sign up tool and message board.
We'll meet at 8:15am at the bus stop at Lynn Valley Headwaters. Just to be on the safe side, bring beacon, shovel, probe, ice ax, snow shoes and crampons.
Don't forget, cotton kills! Have your rain gear, enough food, 2 liters to drink, headlamp,... if any questions about what else to bring check the Wiki or ask me. Gaiters are highly recommended, too.
We'll go up to Lynn Peak and from there on the ridge to the Needles.
Weather forecast is currently not that great but if we're lucky it'll be sunny!
Cars are not needed as you can take the bus 210 from downtown. However, if someone has a car, use the signup tool for it and people can put themselves into the car. Organize with the driver the pickup. Also choose the driver you live closest to.
Any questions, comments, suggestions,... post it! Hopefully see some people Sunday!