VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Navigation session: Maps and Orienteering · Tuesday, August 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Aug. 6th, 6:30 pm
The Navigation session on maps, orienteering and compass work will now be held on Tuesday, August 6th.
We'll go over and practice some map reading and navigation techniques that are used in orienteering, the sport, but are also useful for general navigation. We'll also try to fit in some compass practice and a short orienteering course in Pacific Spirit Park.
If you want a bit more info on orienteering: http://www.us.orienteering.org/new-o/what-orienteering Or http://www.orienteeringbc.ca/OABCInfo.htm (Yes, it's very nerdy! How else can you describe something that calls itself "cunning running"?)
If you want info on the local Greater Vancouver Orienteering Club (GVOC): http://gvoc.whyjustrun.ca/