VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Harrison hut workhike · Sat. Aug. 24th - Sun. Aug. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 24th
End: Sunday, Aug. 25th
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
Last week Jeff Mottershead flew to Harrison hut with a cultural technician and has been working on the route and hut since then. We'll go up and meet him to drive him to drive him back to Vancouver. We'll also do some work on the trail while we're up there and spend the night at either Harrison hut or the hot springs (TBD). This trip is moderate friendly, as we will want to move relatively quickly (particularly if we are going to the hut)
Gas will be covered by an MEC grant, but passengers are expected to compensate drivers for wear-and-tear.
There will not be a pre-trip meeting and we will organize by email faff. Send me an email if you have questions.