VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Phelix Painting and Scrambling · Sat. Aug. 31st - Mon. Sep. 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 31st
End: Monday, Sep. 2nd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 28th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Buch D 217
So, I thought a while ago that Phelix Hut would like a new coat of paint. Paint should really go on in the summer since it doesnt like to freeze while drying.
The long weekend also offers enough time to get some nice painting done and still have enough time for the scrambles in the area, of which there are many.
Who should come? Anyone who likes to hike, scrabble and wants to make a nice update to one of the most beautiful VOC huts. Also people who think that mountaineering camp isnt really what they had in mind.
What do you need to know how to do? Not much. We will be hauling up the paint though, so strong people are a plus, but hopefully we will have a vehicle to drive the paint to the end of the road and minize the hauling distance.
And we can try out the new Bridge!
Maybe I just like to paint things.