VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Über friendly day hike up to Garibaldi lake · Sunday, September 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Sep. 15th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 11th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: In or around the club room
So you've heard about the VOC, it sounds amazing, you really want to get into the great outdoors but you're worried that it all just sounds to intense. Worry no longer! If you've never been on a hike before in your life then there's never been a better time to start. We will head up to the gorgeous Garibaldi lake. Once we get there we can see how we feel. If we are feeling good we can pop along to Taylor meadows or maybe even up the aptly named Panorama ridge. If we prefer we can chill down by the lake, maybe go for a swim, and enjoy the many views of all the places you're going to want to go with the VOC in the coming year: Mt. Price, Sphinx hut, the Black Tusk, Brew Mt./hut, the always stunning Tantalus range... Garibaldi Lake could well be figured the epicentre of the VOC!
If you have any doubts please ask all the questions you can think of, and come along to the pre-trip meeting.
(Many apologies for the date change)