VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly, Lions, Day Hike · Saturday, September 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 21st, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 18th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC clubroom
Let's go hike the Lions! This should be a good trip for those too busy to get away for an entire weekend, but still experience a bit of the great outdoors that the Lower Mainland has to offer (especially before school picks up). We won't actually be summiting the Lions since that would involve some rock climbing, but we will try to make it to the ridge crest below the West Lion and enjoy the view. Pray for good weather and see you at the pre-trip meeting if you're interested in coming along.
Hike stats: 15 km and 1280 m of elevation. Should take approximately 7 hours