Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Halloween Climbing Skaha · Sat. Oct. 26th - Sun. Oct. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Lachlan Fleetwood
Start: Saturday, Oct. 26th
End: Sunday, Oct. 27th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 23rd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Buchanan D316 MAPDescription:
Kasper on "The Wave," photo by Ryan Goldsbury
All Hallows Eve means climbing in costumes, the more ridiculous and likely to get you arrested the better.
This annual VOC trip is usually at Skaha (weather dependent). Skaha is a rock climbing area located near Penticton, BC, in the Okanagan Valley. It is a fun-for-the-whole-family type destination with everything from fun easy climbs to the finger-melting stupidly hard. It is predominantly known for its world class sport, but there is also some slightly rattly trad if you're into that. There are also top-roping possibilities for beginners who know how to set up top-rope anchors. Absolute beginners should have attended longhike before, as this trip is not instructional (but will most probably have lots of friendly people who can help make sure you get to climb something).
We will aim to leave Friday night and return Sunday evening. Some cars may opt for a crack-of Saturday morning departure. We will be camping, location TBA.
In the signup, please indicate your experience level (i.e. can lead, can set up top rope anchors, can lead belay) and whether you have a rope etc...
Stoke can be indicated by the gratutious use of the caps lock key.
Posted: 2013-09-09 12:27:48
Last modified: 2013-10-21 09:34:26