VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
MEC Clubs Night- 10% off! · Tuesday, November 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Nov. 19th, 7:00 pm
Tuesday, September 19th is this year's MEC's Club Night where you can receive 10% off everything in the store! Including bikes and boats! This event is for the Vancouver MEC location at 130 West Broadway. Everyone must be a member of MEC, which costs $5 if you are not already. Please sign up for this event, as we need to know approximately how many people will be there.
Hello VOC and ACC,
I just wanted to send a quick email as a reminder of a few rules we have regarding clubnights as your clubnight is just two weeks away. If you can please pass this information along to your members that are coming to the clubnight I would greatly appreciate it.
- Our Member Service Desk is closed during the event, as is our Rental Desk and Bike Shop. Services from these areas will be unavailable during the event.
- There will be no returns processed during the event, as the Member Service Desk is closed.
- Under no circumstances can anyone purchase products before the event and then return them on November 19th and get a discount on them. The discount only applies to items purchased that day. As well, the discount applies to regular priced items.
- We will hold items for 48 hours before the event for members. f they are not here before the Member Service Desk closes at 7 pm, they will have to find an available staff member on the floor to assist them in retrieving their items.
The reason for this email is that I have had multiple members from both the VOC and ACC coming in this week and telling staff that they plan on returning the items they have been purchasing this month on the evening of the clubnight and are expecting to get the 10% discount on it. Please email your members that will be attending and tell them this is not possible. As always, we do not allow this and we are concerned at the increasing number of people that are planning on doing this. I have been giving out this information whenever I can but I would like to avoid any disappointment and confusion on the evening as much as possible.
On another note, if any of you heard back from your members regarding the items they are looking to purchase that night please pass along the information as quickly as possible. We are doing our best to make sure we have a lot of stock for the event but I didn't hear back about any specific items your members are looking for.
Thank you all for your assistance, we look forward to hosting you!