VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Workshop in caving techniques (4th session) · Thursday, September 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Sep. 19th, 6:00 pm
End: Thursday, Sep. 19th, 8:00 pm
WARNING: People instructing this workshop are not professional caving guides or rope access instructors. We're just people that have caved before and think we know what we're doing. Caving is dangerous. You assume your own risk by performing these activities now and in the future.
Fourth and last of the series.
In order to be present, you must have been present in at least in the first session.
This time the location will be at the outdoors stairwell in the south end of the Wayne and William Engineering Design Centre
This session we're learning how to pass rebelays and whatever people want to practice again. Required video:
As of gear, you already know what you need at this point. I should just add that you'll find you'll need the two end of your cowstail at the same time, so make sure you have a short and a long personal anchor. Also, since we'll be in a public place, I will require helmets this time.