VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Short Easy Hollyburn Hike · Sunday, September 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Sep. 22nd, 8:00 am
So I signed up as "Interested" for the Fast and Light Harrison work trip, but Saturday's weather forecast calls for quite a lot of rain, so as they are unlikely to fix the forecast, I shall bail on that. Other opportunities for the weekend mostly involve getting wet, so I figure if I'm getting wet anyways, I should go for Sunday when it should be less wet, and go for a shorter trip.
I have a car, and I live near UBC, so I can pick up people at or near UBC and bring them up Hollyburn, one of the several North Shore mountains (also known as the Cypress Resort XC Ski Hill).
If you want a spot in my car, post on the message board, or email me. If you have a car that's even better, otherwise when my car's full, we are full. I expect to charge $5 per person for gas. Besides the $5 you should bring a sandwich or something for lunch, a water bottle; it would be nice if you had boots because the trails get slimy in the rain. Oh, and a raincoat/jacket. And a hat.
I don't expect a full-on pre trip meeting will be necessary, but I will be in the Clubroom Wed evening 7pm, or if you have questions, you could email me.
Expect I will pick you up at 08:00 Sunday and we are probably back home before 3pm. I will email you to confirm pickup time and place.