VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Kayak River Run · Thursday, May 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, May. 12th, 3:01 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, May. 10th, 12:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: club room
So the time has come for some beginner kayaking trips that actually head down river! The first trip is scheduled for May 12th. Its a thursday and we will be leaving around 3pm to head over to the north shore. Depending on the experience of the group and water levels at the time, we will either run the Lower Seymour (grade II) or the Capilano (grade II/III).
All participants should have at least been in a kayak before, be somewhat familiar with paddling, be able to wet exit and preferably t-rescue (bow rescue).
The club does have some boats, and very nice and generous members. If you do not have a boat, that is fine. If you have friends that will lend you person items, such as wetsuit and jackets, that would be awesome.
There will not be an official pre-trip meeting. Sign up here, list what type of equipment you need to borrow and we will begin the email faff. If you have specific questions, you can come visit me during gear hours on tuesday 12:30-1:30 and we can chat.
list of necessary items:
paddling jacket of some sort.