VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Golden Fleece, Orange or Nothing - Skiing · Sat. Dec. 14th - Sun. Dec. 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 14th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Dec. 15th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 11th, 6:30 pm
If you are still keen to come please edit your sign-up message and answer the following questions:
1) Do you have avalanche training (AST)?
2) How many seasons/days of backcountry skiing experience do you have?
3) Are you able and willing to look for others?
4) Where do you prefer to go?
5) Are you coming in a beautiful orange dress?
Many VOCers aquired free, prime quality orange fleece and turned this into elegant garments.
So, on this December weekend we will ski and we will be insanely beautiful since we will wear our lovely golden fleece clothes.
Actually wearing original golden fleece is strongly recommended for this event. If you don't have golden fleece, wearing orange is acceptable, however if you don't have any orange clothes the only alternative is wearing nothing.
This trip will be beginner friendly, which means that we will wait for you if you are new to skiing and skinning. You might still suffer and face plant and swear a lot but you will be happy and look dignified because of the golden fleece.
Check out this message board thread for details on the free golden fleece.
Rumor has it that there is still some around.
Yes, this is still several months in the future. But it is time to get stoked and to sew your golden fleece ski dress.
We might go to Brew hut or Phelix but this will be decided later.
If you have questions or if you want to share your design idea, here is the message board thread for this trip.
Disclaimer: No one will enforce these rules, so in principle you can wear whatever you like. However if you join this trip you will see others wearing golden fleece, dazzling orange, animal costumes, tights, other weird clothes or simply nothing at all.