VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Intro to Serious Tea Drinking · Thursday, September 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Sep. 26th, 7:00 pm
It has recently been established that outdoor performance i.e. ability to carry heavy loads long distances, send hard climbs and ski deep pow actually has very little to do with talent, fitness,strength, training or experience and is actually almost entirely correlated to the consumption of tea.
On that note, what started as a joke is now actually happening.
Where: Spanish Banks Beach at the end of Tolmie Street - aka VOC Beach (if the weather is crap we might have to change the location)
When: Thursday, September 26th from 7pm onwards.
Who: Open to beginner, intermediate, advanced and expert tea drinkers. Might be a good opportunity for newer members to find out more about the club from more experienced members, and for experienced members to swap stoke for the upcoming ice climbing season...
What to bring: stove and tea making paraphernalia if you have it, your favorite tea, or at the very least some kind of drinking vessel. We may bring the BBQ if enough people want to cook some food. Frisbee might be good if it isn't too wet.