VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Extremely friendly Phelix birthday trip · Sat. Nov. 16th - Sun. Nov. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 16th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 17th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 13th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
It's my birthday on this Saturday and one of the best places to be is the VOC's Brian Waddington hut at Phelix creek. It is our biggest and most beautiful hut which also happens to be surrounded by beautiful mountains (and, if we are lucky, even some early season powder).
It is a bit early for skiing (being born in shoulder season is tough) but I will probably still bring my skis. If there is not enough snow we can mess around in the area. Maybe there is enough snow to build something or maybe we go up some peak or maybe we go for a dip in the creek or the lake if we feel brave. We will have a desert potluck and either mulled wine or Feuerzangenbowle on Saturday evening.
This trip is beginner friendly. If you are stoked about skiing, bring your skis. If not, then snowshoes might come handy.
There is a guitar at the hut, so if you play the guitar or if you like to carry up other instruments then you should definitely come on this trip!
If your birthday happens to be around the same time we can join forces.
If you plan to ski you should bring this and if not you need this.
I might change the location closer in time. If you have an awesome suggestion, preferably with a hut, let me know.