VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly: Intro to cricketeering · Thursday, October 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Oct. 17th, 6:00 pm
Do you want to learn how to play cricket? Alternatively, do you want to learn what the hell cricket is? Adding another option – do you want to hang out with a bunch of VOCers and attempt to play the greatest sport in the world?
I have a plastic cricket set, haven’t played since last summer, and figured that winter time in Canada was the perfect time/place to get a game of cricket going. Possibly with headlamps.
Absolutely no cricket experience or skill is required. I estimate 90% of people who turn up will have never played cricket before and if you are in this boat you are strongly encouraged to come.
-Something warm (fleece, jacket – lots of standing around in cricket)
-Headlamp (in case it gets dark and we still want to play)
-Food (if you want to eat)
Let’s meet at Kits beach at 6:00pm outside the Boathouse. It gets dark around 6:40pm, so we’ll have enough light for a modest amount of cricket. If everyone brings headlamps we can potentially keep playing. Depending on how good an idea this turns out to be, we might play again next week. Weather dependent, we don’t want to play in the rain.
Playing cricket with a bunch of cricket beginners last summer: