VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sloquet Hotsprings · Sat. Oct. 12th - Sun. Oct. 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 12th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 13th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Friday, Oct. 11th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Club Room
Anybody interested in going to Sloquet hotsprings this upcoming weekend? It's a beautiful location with natural and undeveloped hotsprings. Let's beat the cold with hotsprings and campfires. Bathing suits optional. There will be pie.
There will be trail maintenance going on at Sloquet hotsprings over the weekend, but the hotsprings will be accessible. The group working on the trail has asked us if we would like to help with the trail maintenance (4 hours) in exchange for free camping and salmon dinner in the evening. I think it sounds like a great chance to help keep the trail in good shape and then later to take a dip in the springs!
We will be leaving Saturday morning and returning on Sunday night.
Note for the drivers: a car with good clearance is recommended for the unpaved section of the drive, but I have made it in a Honda civic without any trouble.
FYI: There is another hotsprings trip next weekend, too! Check it out.