VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
The Annual Brew Hut Debacle (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Nov. 23rd - Sun. Nov. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 23rd, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 24th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 20th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside the VOC Clubroom
We'll be heading up to Brew for the Annual Brew Hut Debacle. This trip is notorious for being a gong show, so hopefully this year is no different. Last year's trip didn't even make the hut, so we'll make sure to improve on that.
This will be a ski trip, but it is beginner friendly, so it's ok if you don't know how to ski. People will be there to help you out! It is not "Introductory Friendly" though - It'll take us the better part of a day to get there, so overnight backpacking experience is necessary. We'll have a dessert potluck on Saturday night, so bring some snacks and perhaps something to imbibe if you like.
Depending on how many experienced people help out, the trip can expand, but for now I'm limiting it to 12 people. Please bring a GPS if you have one, they are very handy up at Brew.
Commited signup opens Nov 12 at midnight.