VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to ski falling at Red Heather (Beginner friendly) · Sat. Nov. 16th - Sun. Nov. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 16th
End: Sunday, Nov. 17th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Never skiied before? Never did winter camping? This trip is perfect for you!
(Photo by Marie-Eve)
My friend from Quebec will come to visit me and I want to show her the VOC life.
The hike to Red Heather hut is very short (~2hours). From there, you can either stay in the warm hut and enjoy life and food, or you can do some ski runs. There is a nice not too steep slope perfect to practice some tele-turn and ski falling (if you are gonna fall, you have to fall elegantly). No Avi are necessary unless you want to go higher and explore.
Since it is an intro to ski falling, I decided we will have a photo contest. The person that takes the most beautiful picture of someone's bad skiing abilities will win admiration from all of us! Videos have bonus points. If you are the person on the picture, you win the chance to become a legend! (for at least a couple days after the trip...)
We are not allowed to sleep in the hut, so we have to bring tents (I believe we have to pay 10$ or something to camp). The hut has a stove, so you can enjoy it as much as you want and then run into your warm sleeping bag.
If you are an experienced skier, you are welcome to come as well! In fact, I need you, because honestly I will probably spend the whole time with my friend (which involves french speaking... sorry for that!).
If people want to do a day trip, it is possible as well. You just need to convince your driver.
(Photo by Jens VS)