VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Backcountry Skiing · Sat. Jan. 25th - Sun. Jan. 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 25th, 9:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 26th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 22nd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Buchanan A102
If you would like to learn more about backcountry skiing and winter camping, intro to backcountry skiing is for you! This trip is intended for people who have minimal experience skiing outside of resorts.
We will be going to a location with beginner-friendly terrain to do some turns and camping there for the evening. The exact location will be decided based on snow conditions closer to the weekend of the trip, but past trips have gone to areas such as Needle Peak in the Coquihalla, Caspar Creek, Red Heather and Rainbow Lake. Also, depending on the size of the group, we may split into smaller groups, which could go to different locations to avoid crowding.
Additional instructors/helpers would be greatly appreciated for this trip as well, so please let me know if you are keen to help out.
Pray for snow!
Pre-trip meeting: Jan. 22nd, 6: 00 pm in Buchanan A102