VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Iron Chef: Meager Creek Hotsprings · Sat. Nov. 2nd - Sun. Nov. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 2nd
End: Sunday, Nov. 3rd
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Oct. 31st, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
This weekend on Iron Chef, a keen group of VOCers compete for the grand honour of Iron Chef in the most hospitable places during shoulder season: Meager Creek. These competitors will soak in the pools to build up bravery and mental fortitude before the main event: creating a delicacy that will be served to Grand Food Judge Extraordinaire. Mystery food/theme will be announced: stay tuned. Who will win the glory?
Synopsis: In this episode, a group of VOCers will travel from Vancouver to the NW of Pemberton. There goal is to reach Meager Creek Hotsprings, cutoff from the rest of civilization several years ago by the Capricorn Creek slide. 4wd vehicles will be taken to the trailhead and are encouraged to sign-up. This hardy group of individuals will hike the 9-ish km to the hotsprings, which will act as excellent training for powder skiing season. Once at the hotsprings, the compitors will strategize while sitting in the pools. The competition will commence and all teams will provide a sample of their unique cusine to the Grand Food Judge Extraordinaire. After much deliberation and soaking, a team will be announced the winner and then everyone will celebrate by enjoying the pools more. After a glorious sleep in the beautiful area, the group will leave in the late morning to head back to Vancouver, thus concluding another episode of Iron Chef.
Advisory: This trip is of a hotsprings nature, and thus the participants should expect some nudity, slogging in the rain, and camping outdoors in possible inclement conditions. Ms. Manner's views on swimwear will be respected (see thread), but bring your own if you want. 4wd vehicles are required for this location due to road conditions and trip is dependent upon these. Trip is limited to 2 carloads. This trip expects that you have some experience backpacking in the summer, but no hotsprings experience is necessary (soaking technique can be learned). Cooking skillz are not mandatory, but will be beneficial.
Prospective episode rating: 11/10 (it goes to 11, it's like 10 but better)