VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Backcountry Avalanche Workshop · Sunday, November 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 24th, 6:30 pm
End: Sunday, Nov. 24th, 8:30 pm
Avalanche safety is a huge part of backcountry recreation in the winter, so why not tune up some of your avalanche safety skills before heading out this season?
The Canadian Avalanche Centre will be hosting a backcountry avalanche workshop on November 24th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm in CHBE 101. This is a free, 2-hour presentation about what's new in the avalanche safety world and is a great way for backcountry users to refresh their knowledge before the start of the season. A forecaster from the CAC will be there to discuss things like terrain, avalanche character, gear, new apps and case histories.