VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
CPR Crash Course · Tuesday, December 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Dec. 3rd, 6:00 pm
End: Tuesday, Dec. 3rd, 10:00 pm
Are you interested in learning or refreshing your Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) skills? I'm offering an ~5 hour course on emergency CPR. The course will be taught at the Health Care Provider (HCP) level to include a few skills (Assised Respiration, Hypothermic patients ...) which are more likely to be useful in the backcountry then the simple layperson CPR.
I've been an instructor for the Canadian Red Cross through the McMaster Emergency First Response Team and McMaster Ath & Rec for 3 years. This course will be offered for free for those interested and you will not recieve any certification ($$$).
If you know or have access to any of the following please email me: First Aid Manuals (Red Cross), ACTAR or equivilent CPR training dummies, Automated External Defibrilator trainer (or a real one we can borrow), AED pads to use.
If you have any CPR/First Aid instructor experience please email me, the more instructors I can muster the more students we can take on. I would like to maintain a maximum instructor:student of 1:10. I rather teach a few people to do it well then a lot of people to do it shitty. If there is a lot of interest we can add a second date.
If you have any specific topics you would like covered (or skipped) please be vocal about it, use the link on the message board.
The course will be limited to 10 participants at this time.
Where: BUCH B210