VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beacon search practice · Tuesday, November 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Nov. 26th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Kits beach
Starting time has change to 7pm!!
The snow starts to cover all those nice mountains around and the stoke for Skiing is rising to unseen levels.
This means we should get back into thinking about the risk of avalanches and practicing beacon search and recovery. Don't miss out on the CAC talk on Sunday to get some theoretical refresher on avalanches.
What do you need:
- avalanche beacon (can be rented during gear hours)
- fresh batteries in the beacon
- plastic container for beacon-burials
- warm clothes, headlamp and other personal items that keep you happy on the beach during the night
We will break out into smaller groups for the beacon search. I need helpers that have experience in that field to lead those groups and transmit their knowledge.
I don't claim to be a professional. It would be great if an experienced member can step up and do the explaining bit...
We will go out for a pint afterwards, so don't forget your cash!
THESE EVENTS DO NOT REPLACE AST COURSES!!!!!