VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Kilted Kangaroos · Friday, January 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jan. 24th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 21st, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom (tbc)
So, as many of you know there are a gaggle of incomprehensible Scotsman plaguing your club, and in our culture it is necessary to celebrate the life of Rabbie Burns on the 25th of january be drinking whisky and reading unintelligable poetry (and stabbing things!). this coincides with Australia day, and we have a handful of marginally more comprehensible beer swilling Aussies, so it seemed fitting to combine the two, party at a hut somewhere and go skiing as a party of kilted kangaroos!
This is an intermediate freindly ski trip, where skiing parties should be relativily self sufficient and people have the appropriate gear to stay in a hut/camp in winter. ability to consume whisky and sleep in ditches not required but may be advantageous! beer and whisky essential, haggis will be supplied and the rest is a bonus......
So, after much deliberation I have put our names down for the Phelix hut, there will be another party there but we should all fit in easy enough and if they dont like the poetry and whisky then we'll just have to move the party outside.....