VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tetrahedron Skiing Self-propelled · Fri. Feb. 7th - Mon. Feb. 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Feb. 7th, 5:00 pm
End: Monday, Feb. 10th, 4:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 5th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: outside the club room
The idea is to do a long weekend of cycling and skiing. Tetrahedron Provincial Park is great for this, I have done this as a hike while there was still snow last summer, see pics.
We will take a Friday evening ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale, cycle to Port Mellon and camp there (either at the wharf or a gravel place in the forest).
Saturday we go up to McNair cabin early in the morning, if people are willing we can head up all the way to Steele cabin.
Sunday we can ski at Mt. Steele or try to ski Panther Peak from McNair cabin.
Monday we ski down (probably early in the morming) and cycle back.
This is an non-instructional intermediate-friendly trip.
Costs: About $17 for the ferry (return) and $10 for each night in the cabins.
If conditions are bad this trip will be moved to the long Easter weekend.