VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Family Day Weekend Powderfest (Intermediate Friendly) · Sat. Feb. 8th - Mon. Feb. 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Snow powderfest without gratuitous amounts of powder!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 8th
End: Monday, Feb. 10th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 5th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Thankfully our benevolent leaders let us have this new holiday last year (Family Day, aka Backcountry Skiing Monday). The location for this second annual Family Day Weekend Powderfest will likely be at Phelix, with a possibility of being some other location where we can set up a tent city. I had initially thought about Sphinx, but this is unlikely as I'm unsure of the condition of the lake and don't want to dance around crevasses.
This trip will be limited to people with AST1, touring experience, and skiing experience. People will form smaller independent groups, so we won't be travelling at one large group. This means that the trip will not directed in any way or than trying to get rides/food groups together. If you're unsure about joining the trip, fire me an email and we can figure it out or post questions here.
What will this trip include? Skiing, mostly. Followed by sleeping. We'll ski a lot, then eat a lot, then feel sleepy and go to bed. Sounds exciting? Sign up!
Edit (Feb 3): New trip direction due to the current forecast and general lack of recent snow, I'm planning on changing this trip from a full weekend to perhaps a skiing daytrip on Monday or consider other outdoor activities (mountain biking, hotsprings, etc). There also was some talk of people wanting to go back to Marble Canyon next weekend for bonfires and ice climbing. I'll announce a change of plans closer to the pretrip meeting, when we have a better picture of the forecast.