VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Climb and ski Extravaganza:18th-19th Jan · Sat. Jan. 18th - Sun. Jan. 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 18th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 19th, 7:00 am
So I was pretty stoked to go skiing this weekend, but then on the other hand I was also pretty stoked to go climbing. Then I remembered that we live in Vancouver and can do both!
This will be a series of day trips (2), each more elaborate than the last.
1) Squamish on Saturday, doing some cragging at the Smoke bluffs, Chek canyon or somewhere else.
2) Seymour or Red Heather on Sunday, depending on the avi conditions and how much snow is at either location.
It's not required that you are an amazing climber or skier, but it would be good if you've done these activities before. This won't be instructional and you should be able to take care of yourself, but having said that - both days should be pretty low output and mellow.
If we end up with a driver who is keen for an overnight it might make more sense to camp somewhere in Squamish on the Saturday night, and go to Red Heather on Sunday.