VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sgt. Callahan ski/splitboard daytrip, February 23, 2014 · Sunday, February 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Feb. 23rd
The plan is to do a daytrip to peaks around Rainbow lake in the Callaghan valley/Whistler Olympic park area (map).
We'll go up to Rainbow lake via the trail by the biathlon range (put up by Scott Nelson and the hard work of many VOCers and BCMCers). Depending on conditions and preference we might go up Gin peak (easy) or Rainbow mountain (longer trip).
The trip is intermediate friendly, medium output; avalanche experience is required as well as reasonable fitness and competence on skis/splitboards. Participants are expected to do their homework and participate in the decision-making.
The trip is of course subject to change/cancelation due to snow/avalanche conditions, or if Hubertus wins the downhill race.
Trip size will be limited to two car loads, and the organization will be done via email.