VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Exploring Manning Park: Beginner Friendly Skiing · Sunday, March 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Mar. 30th, 6:00 am
Time is running out to learn to ski in fluffy, forgiving powder! Soon, there will be nothing but suncups.
We'll be touring up Three Brothers Mountain in Manning Park, an area less-visited by the VOC. It'll be beginner friendly. Often, that just means people won't leave you behind, but this time it also means gentle terrain and relatively mellow elevation gain. This would be a good first backcountry skiing trip, and it's fine if you've never skied before.
There won't be a pre-trip meeting, but please email or call me if you have any questions. I'll go over other things via email. You need to bring everything on this list, and I highly recommend helmets. You can borrow stuff from the club. Group size is limited to two carloads.
Photo: Robin Tivy