VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Harrison Hut Route recconaisance June 2011 · Sat. Jun. 18th - Sun. Jun. 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 18th, 5:43 pm
End: Sunday, Jun. 19th, 5:43 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jun. 16th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Wicklow Pub MAP
The VOC Harrison hut is an elusive beast and as of the second largest landslide in recent (white man recorded) Canadian history it is very hard to get to. All of my attempts have been thwarted. I would like to construct a new access route to link up with the existing trail with the access being all along the south side of the Lillooet river. In order to come up with a plan and possibly ask for some funding from MEC we need to have some idea about what we are up against.
I drove part of the way up the road last summer soon after the landslide. I was stopped from driving by some rockfall on the road however the road was driveable on the other side.
Please see the attached PDF that shows where I would like to put the route and the rock slide. I would like to go and investigate the road and proposed trail section with the plan to take bikes the first time so allow for fast ravel on the road.
The plan is to investigate the possible route locations to determine the best route. We will mark the best route with flagging and record the entire thing on GPS. Possible other options for people are to a)go to the hotsprings, carry enough surplus tents and hang out and make the rest of the people dinner b) Go to the Harrison hut and retrieve the journal that Gili wants c) clear the rockfall off the road.
People need to be self sufficient as we do not want to have to babysit anyone.