VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rock Party: The VOC Event Formerly Known As Longhike · Sat. Oct. 4th - Sun. Oct. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 4th
End: Sunday, Oct. 5th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 1st, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: MCML 166 MAP
We will spend a weekend in Sqamish having fun. Specifically there will be:
- Climbing Lessons: There are 4 levels of instruction: Never ever, setting top rope anchors, sport leading, traditional leading.
More details will be announced later but if you're curious already, have a look at last years event.
(see wiki page and message board thread linked there)
We have now sold all our tickets. We sold the last ticket at noon Wednesday. A few people have found that they could not go (homework!?), and will post tickets for sale, so if you need a ticket, get onto our web site right away. There may also be people at the pre-trip meeting, tonight, 7pm, who need to sell their tickets.
To find a tent to share, a ride to the event, and to find out who else is in your instructional group, come to the pre-trip meeting, or if you can't make it, be sure to send somebody as your representative.
The pre-trip meeting will be in MCML 166 (MacMillan building, 2357 Main Mall), on October 1st, at 7pm