VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Harrison Hut Workhike - May long weekend · Sat. May. 17th - Mon. May. 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 17th
End: Monday, May. 19th
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, May. 12th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club room
UPDATE (11:00 am 5/13/2014): all drivers are leaving Friday afternoon/night. Space in cars seems to be filled at this point. Will update this page if spots become available.
Let's go up to Harrison Hut over the May/Victoria day long weekend (May 17-19)! Several VOC memebers have spearheaded the development of a "geologically-safe" trail over the past few years and we hope that most of it will be completed this season!
For the first trip up this year, I'm unsure what to expect of the trail after the winter & how much snow there will be. Please let me know if you have been up there recently and can comment on current conditions.
The main goal of the weekend will be to hike the trail and take stock of what needs to be done over the next few months. Work may include:
- filling in gaps in reflective markers along the trail
- marking where major & minor footbed work is needed
- measuring hut dimensions for sheet metal purchase & cutting
- evaluating where a new outhouse might be built
Here's what I propose: make it up to the hut by Saturday night, doing some work along the way; spend Sunday working on the upper section of the trail/around the hut. Sunday night could be spent at the hut again or down at the hotsprings, and Monday - some time for work & head back to the car.