VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Baker summit ski descent - rescheduled · Sat. May. 31st - Sun. Jun. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : weather, snow conditions
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 31st
End: Sunday, Jun. 1st
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, May. 29th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: outside clubroom
Rescheduled trip Ski tour/climb summit of baker then ski back down.
This is an intermediate trip, although strong/advanced skiers only
Will camp high on baker and start very early sunday morning then ski back to the car
I have never been above 9000 feet, perhaps we can form two groups, one for climbers that have been to 12,500 feet or higher and those that haven't although to join this trip you must believe that you can make it up baker with skis, slowly is ok.
Glacier 1 (glacier 2 is better) and ast required
Victor and I decided we want to attempt baker and decided to post this to see if there were other people in the VOC that