VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sky pilot scramble · Sat. Aug. 9th - Sun. Aug. 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 9th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 10th, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 6th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Tolmie beach, VOC bbq
Change of plan. We now do an overnight trip to scramble Sky Pilot (to be sure we actually summit it, and to take it easy since I am a bit sick). We don't have cars so we will have to find ride to Squamish with the climbing people.
This trip is beginner-intermediate friendly-ish. Sky Pilot scramble has an ascent time of 6 to 8 hours (without the Gondola). It has two difficult exposed section, so having some experience in rock climbing would help. In addition of the summer day trip gear, we will have to bring an ice axe and a helmet.