VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Harrison Hut Trail Workhike - Canada Day "Long" Weekend (Beginner-friendly) · Sat. Jun. 28th - Tue. Jul. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 28th
End: Tuesday, Jul. 1st
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
Thanks to Ben and Christian and all the volunteers who worked hard on it in the last couple of years, we can reach the remote Harrison Hut again now. But the trail, especially the second section, still needs lots of work to be user-friendly. We will work on the trail bed, move dirt and smooth sidehills, and install logs with rebars if needed, etc. People who had done similar works will be useful, but no experience is required for this trip (as long as you can hike with an overnight pack) - we can all learn these things together. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the club and our outdoor community - I'm sure you'll be proud to say that you worked on building a backcountry trail for others to use!
Because of the distance, we usually go there on long weekends. This year's Canada Day falls on a Tuesday, so for people with flexible schedules, they can make it a 4-day weekend. I will make this trip's length flexible for people to help out however many days they can (so please put which dates you can be there in the Comment box). The eventual commitment of leaving and returning time will depend on the participants and drivers. For those who will be there for all 4 days (highly encouraged!), we can probably either visit the hut or go to the hotspring.
Any questions/comments? Put it on the Message Board.
P.S. For those who are new to the club and wonder what a "Workhike" is, see this Wiki page.