VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Cirque Peak - Place Glacier scrambling · Fri. Jul. 25th - Sun. Jul. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 25th
End: Sunday, Jul. 27th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 23rd, 7:15 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
Cirque peak from the place glacier approach; a very difficult approach according to the scrambles book. If possible I would like to leave vancouver as early as possible friday night, drive to trailhead in three hours and then hike in mostly in the dark - if there is an overwhelming majority prefering a saturday hike in that is fine.
Also some time to be spent exploring place glacier so g1 is required. I am not qualified to take responsibility for your safety so make your own decisions on this trip
looks like an epic approach including a great view of a waterfall
Cabin sleeps four so we might not need our tents
Approach also in 103 hikes book
NO sign up tool - if interested email me by thursday night