VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Back to School Anchor Refresher Clinic (Beginner Friendly!) · Saturday, September 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 13th, 9:00 am
Been trudging along all summer hesitant to hit the great outdoors because your anchor skills weren’t what they used to be? Been climbing all summer and realized you could up your anti on your anchor-building skills?! Well have no fear; the Wenticle is here! Join me, Zack Wentz, a prospective AMGA Single Pitch Instructor, to show you the ropes (or in this case cord and webbing and also many ropes) on anchor building! Skills taught will include:
- basic equipment,
-anchor system basics,
-assessing fixed gear
- constructing anchor systems in a variety of situations for a variety of purposes.
Feel too skilled for a course like this?! No worries; I intend this to primarily be a refresher course to start the year off right for anyone with any confusions at all with anchors, though if you feel like yours are top notch, we’ll also include some advanced curriculum such as multi-pitch anchors and intro to institutional anchors! Bring you, your harness, and your stoke, and we’ll see you on the rock!
***UPDATE**** The location of this trip will be at Juniper Point of Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver. If you haven't been there before, it's about a 45 minute drive from campus or a few hour bus ride; yes it can be reached by public transit!