VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Long Bike (Bike to Long-Hike, Beginner Friendly) · Fri. Oct. 3rd - Sun. Oct. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 3rd, 10:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 5th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 1st, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: TBA
"it is not neccessary to be strong, but to feel strong". So in that spirit lets save a minute quantity of CO2 emitions and bike to long hike. Everyone is welcome, if you can commute to UBC, you can probably get to squamish with enough resolve.
To do this trip you need a working bike with slick tires (unless you think you can do it on knobbies). You probably also need a rear carrier although you can probably organize for others to bring up your stuff. You also need a strong pair of legs. I'll take care of the technical stuff such as bike repair etc.
See you on the road.