VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Thanksgiving climbing at Vantage · Fri. Oct. 10th - Mon. Oct. 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 10th
End: Monday, Oct. 13th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 8th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: BUCH A202
Pretrip: BUCH A202 at 6pm, Wed. Oct. 8.
Gamechanger: Going to Vantage instead. Because, why not! (see thread).
Thanksgiving long weekend gives us the opportunity to have an extra day a bit further afield than we can get for most weekends. So let's start the migration of VOCers to other fall climbing locations.
Tentatively, we'll plan for Smith Rock in Oregon, since it can get very busy and Americans don't get the long weekend (yay! Smith can be very busy). Alternatives include Vantage, Leavenworth, Skaha, or beautiful Squamish. This will be determined depending on weather before the pretrip meeting. To get most places efficiently, drivers will probably want to leave on Friday.
As with other climbing trips, this isn't instructional. We'll just try to make sure everyone gets a ride down, but you'll need to have a partner and the skills to climb safely. Depending where we go, top roping areas may be very limited.
Nathan Starzynski photo
Photo of Monkeyface by yours truly.