VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Glacier School 1: Dry-land Review, practice, and refresher · Thursday, September 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Sep. 18th, 3:00 pm
I think it would be great to review and practice what we learned at G1. Specifically crevasse rescuing and the pulley systems used. Those who didn't attend G1 are still welcome to come and learn.
Please bring with you:
- climbing harness
- prussiks (at least 2. More is better)
- 2 locking carabiners, and 2 non-locking (or more locking)
We will meet in the clubsroom and then go find some space to practice. Either inside or outside depending on the weather.